Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sunshineset

There is a boy named Fred and he wants to die because he doesn't understand people or himself

Not long ago I was in Scandinavia visiting my boyfriend who lives there, and one night he invited a few of his friends over to meet me. It was a relatively pleasant night, consisting of sitting around a big bowl of blue alcoholic jell-o and talking. I jested at one point that I should get the guitar and start playing "Kumbaya" to which one named Jensen replied "last time I sang that it was to a girl I knew who had cancer. I was touring with my church choir and she was leaving to go home for treatment, and she died shortly after. So I can't sing that song." It put a damper on things.

Dying puts a damper on things.

Death and taxes, death and taxes.

Then he went to bed.

City Center - Hawse

No comments:

Post a Comment